Monday, February 17, 2014

Letters are the best presents!

My birthday is 2 days before Valentine's day.  We don't really do gifts for these two days much and just go out to eat or a movie or such. 

This year I got the best presents on each day!  Wednesday (my birthday) I received a letter from Priyanga from India.  Then on Friday (Valentine's Day) I received a letter from Selemani  from Tanzania.  Both of those made my day and are better than any flower or chocolates.

I took someone's advice and took a picture of me holding the letter from Priyanga so that I could send it to her sometime showing just how happy I am to receive letters from her.  I'll try to do it with the other kids letters too but once pictures are on my camera, it takes forever for me to get them off of there! 

Make sure to write your sponsored kids letters when you get a chance.  I'm sure it lights up their day as much as it does ours.  This week I need to get around to doing my monthly handwritten letters for the kids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment