Monday, March 2, 2015

Help "Alone" not be alone anymore!

Today I did the dangerous task of looking to see if kids were needing sponsors from the centers we already have kids in (since its hard not to click the sponsor button!). 

I noticed that of the 14 centers where we have kids, there were 12 kids total available on the US website still needing sponsors.  Some are older (6 are over 18...so only a few years of sponsorship left) but some are younger.  Some were waiting for awhile.  It is all so tempting, but I am trying to be good and not click the button.

They all stuck out to me for various reasons, but today I want to advocate for the little boy named "Alone".


 Alone


This name is very fitting for him as he is an orphan.  He lives with his grandparents.  He lives in East India (the same project as our boy Ignatius).  He just turned 10 in February (his birthday is Feb. 4, 2005).  Workers in his village earn an average of $22 a month (although since he lives with his grandparents, they might make even less if they don't have stable jobs). 

Our boy from this project writes pretty regularly and draws us great pictures.  I know that within the last few months I saw a Compassion project alert that there was a fire in this project destroying a few of the kids homes (I'm hoping it wasn't this boys or my boys....but either way, I'm sure the community and these kids could all use some extra love!).

Would you consider sponsoring 10 year old Alone today to help him not be alone?  Could you be his mentor, friend, and sponsor?  Help put a smile on his face today by clicking on the link below.  If you do sponsor him, please leave me a message since I'd love to know how he does when you get future letters.


Click here to learn more about Alone or to sponsor him.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I so wish I could add him to our family. I'm going to share his info on facebook!! Maybe someone will share their life with Alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Hannah! I'd love to help Alone find a sponsor so I really appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: Looks like someone sponsored him today! (not sure if they saw him from my blog or just came across him on the website)......either way, he has a sponsor! I'm so excited for him :)

    ReplyDelete